a perfect twinning, six decades on

Thursday, October 11, 2012



Later today I will attempt (and I will fail) to write about the brilliance of The Orchardist, a first novel that has kept me reading through dark hours.  It takes time to find the words for books you so profoundly love, for books that matter as much as this one surely does.  I need to find that time.

Between now and then, I share this glimpse of two women who moved me in other profound ways.  Their shoes matched, too.  Their bags.  Their ways of looking at the green and gray world around them.  They never let each other go.  I met them in the Boboli Gardens, but that's a lie.  They only had eyes for each other.

2 comments:

Missy K said...

Beth-- I am so excited to see you mention The Orchardist-- I have just requested it at the library and will hopefully have it in my hot little hands for the weekend.

And thank you for your dramatic predawn glimpses of Italy-- a feast in my reader each morning you were gone.

Melissa Sarno said...

Oh my gosh...I love them.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP