mist and fog burning to pink and David

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

with so many thanks to my friends who have left comments. almost everything electronic in my life is broken. my blog says I am a foreigner (and indeed I am). my Facebook says I am not allowed to comment (mostly). and hours before I got on a plane my entire email system crashed.

how much of this matters in Florence, you ask?

none of it, really, except that I don't mean to be rude.

today I interviewed the proprietors of Italy's largest independent bookstore (English speaking) for an upcoming Publishing Perspectives story. I talked for an hour to a craftsman. and then I slipped inside a cloister for young friars and learned from a master, a story I will tell at another time. I will tell you, too, someday, of a magical green-eyed woman named Laura.

but all of that is for someday, when I can properly honor these true Florentines.

but

1 comments:

patti.mallett_pp said...

It seems like a wonderful fated event - the crash. (I am smiling happy for you to be so forced into this degree of online silence.) You can Soak better in the quiet, and obviously in the dark and near-dark. ((((hug))))

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP