In the midst of the Florence novel, stuck, I chose

Sunday, December 2, 2012

to move my story (for the moment) into a new tense.  It was the only way for me to see the story new, to get the characters moving more quickly, to take a landscape and give it shape and meaning, to accelerate the plot.

Here, then, is where I have been since 5 AM, along the great wall of Fort Belvedere.  Four new paragraphs for the Florence novel, a book that I had left untouched for weeks.

We move ahead, in stolen time.

3 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Very happy you were able to steal the time and be there for the morning : ) This wall looks like a beautiful spot.

patti.mallett_pp said...

Thank you, Beth, for writing, for enlightening, for encouraging. xo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found your way forward.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP