The Most Beautiful Thing: a short essential film

Tuesday, February 12, 2013


My experience with the National YoungArts Foundation program yielded many moments of joy, new friendships (I'll be seeing two of the young writers this weekend at Penn!), and some encounters with astonishing work.

This short film took my breath away, left my face wet with tears. Written, directed, and edited by a young man named Cameron Covell, starring Nick Lopez and Analisa Gutierrez, and already the winner of the LACHSA 2012 Moon Dance Best Film Award and Best Actor Award, this is what you must do in advance of Valentine's Day. You must watch this.

Thank you, Julia Elizabeth Hogan, for returning this to me. I can't wait to see you and Peter LaBerge this weekend on my ole Ivy League campus.

2 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Oh! I love this. Nothing like a happy cry in the morning. Thank you so much for sharing it.

KFP said...

Yes. Cried. Beautiful.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP