in which pottery doesn't reach its end

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Yesterday was the final day in pottery class, and I realize how fond I have grown of these women who mold the earth with their hands. No pot alike. No glaze entirely predictable. Everything some degree of mystery to those who attempt to make.

And pottery people like books, as it turns out.

And pottery people laugh.

And pottery people share what they know, encourage whenever they can.

I'll be returning, with my artist husband, to this small crowd to see if I can do more and do better with the granular, tempestuous stuff.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me want to take a pottery class! I did years ago but it was hand building, not throwing, and I've always wanted to try a potter's wheel.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP