Fusion Communications: one example of what we do

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Most of you know me as a blogger, a critic, a teacher, a sometimes author, a grateful mother and wife. A smaller subsection of the world knows me as the strategic writing partner of Fusion Communications, a job that consumes a substantial fraction of my days (and nights). I interview and write about business people, patients, dreamers, visionaries. I work on news magazines, annual reports, commemorative books, employee communications, histories. I spend a lot of time trying to understand those very technical things that so many successful people do, so that I can somehow make that work accessible to many, many readers.

The best projects are those that afford me the chance to collaborate with my artist husband, William Sulit (who also illustrated Dr. Radway's Sarsaparilla Resolvent, which will launch next Tuesday). Over the last several years, our biggest collaboration has come on behalf of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., a hugely successful niche insurance company operating in countries all around the world. I travel to Wall Street, spend time with the company's leaders, suggest themes, interview, write. My husband turns the written stories into visual ones. This year, he used his 3-D illustration talents to produce a beautiful, several-page series.

This, then, is me. Often. This is us.

4 comments:

Serena said...

I love the bright green of those pages. Ah, insurance, something I deal with on a daily basis as a newsletter editor for trade groups...yours looks more exciting.

Melissa Sarno said...

Those green trees are just lovely. As is your partnership. And I laugh at the idea of you being a sometimes author. More like a 15 or 16 times author (Lord, I've lost count.) I also see this project as the project which allows Melissa to take a walk with Beth each year. : )

Anonymous said...

It does look lovely.

KFP said...

It is wonderful working with one's husband. ( ;

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP