my garden was in desperate need of me

Friday, May 10, 2013



All spring long I've looked outside my window despairing as the yellow weeds and the puffy weeds and the violet verticals choked my planned things in. I am a gardener. I love the things that grow. I have not been able to save my private world from the havoc of unwanted things.

Today was long; no need to list. And I still have things to do. Still, after seeing that the tree peony is already blooming without the benefit of contextual care, I literally ran from my car when I got home, threw my purse on the porch, and knelt down to tear away at the weeds.

I'm only a third done. It's ragged out there. But this is a portion of my paradise.

I need to take better care.

1 comments:

patti.mallett_pp said...

Sometimes the only answer is to throw the purse....

Happy Day, wonderful Mother!! xo

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP