mucking around (in Good Housekeeping)

Saturday, June 8, 2013

I have Laura Mathews, Amy Rennert, and Fran Lefkowitz to thank for the privilege of this page in the July issue of Good Housekeeping (an issue that has so many good stories in it that I will likely read it front to back).

I have my husband to thank for inviting me to spend a few hours each week doing something new, and for enduring my lack of self confidence. And I have the extraordinary ladies of the pottery studio (as well as my husband) for helping me find ways to see half-conceived or overly ambitious projects through. There is no competition at the Wayne Art Center on Thursday mornings. There are only artists mucking around with clay—centering the pots, pulling the handles, applying the glaze, sharing trade secrets, and loving our saint-ess, Bernadette. It is a particularly peaceful place, and I am grateful for the companionship and for the overt love and generosity that keeps me trying.

Karen Bernstein, thank you for finding the story first, and for letting me know.

And thank you, Good Housekeeping, for being the first magazine to mention Handling the Truth. I guess this means that August 6th, the publication date, is soon.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I take a pottery class one day every week and love it.

Serena said...

I think its great that you took the time to learn something new; I haven't made pottery since high school and mine were way worse than yours.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP