On finishing the first draft of a novel, and A.S. King, look what Kephart has

Sunday, June 2, 2013

So about ten minutes ago, I finished the first full draft of a book that has been in my mind and heart for more than a year. A complex book that I had to fight to simplify. An unusual story that I had to make accessible. A tale involving massive research that I had to up the IQ to understand (I don't actually know how to up the old girl's IQ, but I tried). The book has to sit now, percolate, be still.

What does that mean for you, oh loyal and kind blog readers?

That means this very very very good news: I can return to my previously scheduled programming now and write more about the books I love to read. I've got a stack of books to read piled high. I've got A.S. King, Caroline Leavitt, Dani Shapiro, Patricia Engel, Alice McDermott, Jennie Nash, so many others looking at me. I'm going to get to work.

But first to a party in West Philadelphia to celebrate the release of Anna Badkhen's The World is a Carpet, which has been lavishly praised by William Langewiesche and Rory Stewart, among others.

I can't wait to be out in the world. To be. To learn from others.


1 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Congratulations! I offer you a virtual cookie in celebration : )

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP