On my son's birthday...

Friday, July 19, 2013

I think back over the years and all the joy he's wrought. Here we are, on our first trip together, to Santa Fe, where I, seduced by Willa Cather legends, had gone to turn thirty. He was so infinitely huggable. Still is.

And because he'll be here to celebrate the event, I'm making this a Beth Day Off (all except the 2 PM client presentation). There are presents to wrap. There are flowers to arrange. There's a tall, handsome, huggable guy with New York City stories to tell.

10 comments:

KFP said...

Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy. <3

Unknown said...

Have fun! Happy birthday to the birthday boy! :)

Melissa Sarno said...

I love this photo. So much. I hope you both have a beautiful day celebrating and happy birthday to him!!

Sarah Laurence said...

Happy birthday to your son! Lovely photo of the two of you. Enjoy a long overdue break.

The1stdaughter said...

So so wonderful! Love that photo too! Enjoy this incredible day and your family. And Happy Birthday to your son!

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

Hope you both thoroughly enjoyed the celebration!

Kelly H-Y said...

Love it! Enjoy your day with him! (Adorable photo!)

Serena said...

such a great photo...so much joy in both of your faces. Happy Birthday to him.

Unknown said...

Beth Day Off sounds just about right. In fact, I should probably declare something similar for my kid, who's celebrating his birthday two weeks from now. I'll spend a day with my family and friends, and we'd go on a pizza binge ha ha! Gosh, that's monumental. Thanks for the heads up.

IncrediblePizzaIndy.com

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP