Decatur Festival Bound, and a conversation with the agent, Andy Ross

Friday, August 30, 2013

Whenever I mention the AJC Decatur Book Festival to those who have visited in the past, I get a single reaction: love; people love this festival. There will be more than 300 authors in attendance, including a few of my friends. The conversations, I'm told, verge on the electrifying. And oh the street fair.

And so, in less than 12 hours, I'll face a classroom of 30 aspiring memoir writers, spin a few songs on a CD, and get us going. Tomorrow I'll sit on a stage with Stacey D'Erasmo, a writer and critic whose work is remarkable, and discuss intimacy and memoir. Read A Seahorse Year and The Art of Intimacy and every single one of her NYTBR reviews if you haven't encountered D'Erasmo yet.

But right now, I leave you with this—a conversation I had with the agent Andy Ross, who generously read Handling the Truth and had a number of questions. I had a blast with this, and it's always interesting to hear an agent's perspective on a form I love. Thank you so much, Andy Ross, and congratulations on the memoir you just sold.

Signing out for now.....



1 comments:

Serena said...

I hope you have a great time.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP