a bright spot in my weekend: this review of Flow, my river book

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Thank you, Serena, for taking the time to find and read my river book, Flow: The Life and Times of Philadelphia's Schuylkill River. 

I had such psychic freedom, writing that book, and perhaps that is why it will always be one of my favorites. The sense of writing for an audience of one, the gratitude that far more than one made the the river their own.

Some of Serena's lovely words are here, below:

Kephart melds her prose with photography, poetry, and factual notations.  There’s a sense of nostalgia in Flow that breathes life into history, ensuring readers sense the culture of the time period, the struggles of the people, and their dreams.  The river just wants to live, but she remains curious about her own environment, curious about how the people use and abuse her, and disheartened when it seems as though she has been forgotten or replaced.

The rest can be found here.


1 comments:

Serena said...

I liked that bit of my review best. Thanks for sharing that.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP