talking with Kate Hopper about teaching, and a HANDLING gift.

Monday, September 30, 2013

This was me, years ago, teaching children at Chanticleer Garden. They'd come from all over the city and from around the near suburbs. It was our first day. We were working with panoramas. I was already in love—with the kids and with teaching.

Kate Hopper, who has been a dear presence in my life for many years, is a beautiful writer (you'll be reading about her brand-new memoir, Ready for Air, here on October 8), a teacher (she has an entire book her own teaching, Use Your Words), and a mother. We long for the day when we can sit with a bottle of wine and talk in person. For now, we have this conversation, posted today on Kate's magnificent blog, "Motherhood & Words." Kate and I talk about the teacherly life. She asks me questions no one has asked me. And she writes an introduction that made me cry.

Finally, courtesy of Gotham, there is an opportunity to win a free copy of Handling the Truth for those living in the lower 48 states.

Here, then. It all happens here.

2 comments:

kate hopper said...

Oh Beth, thank you!! That day will come, I know. Until then, I will continue to be inspired by your words!

Serena said...

I love the picture and you look happy

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP