And her eyes are closed. She is dreaming.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I found her in Asheville.

She hangs on my wall.

A bird on her head, the stuff of nests in her pocket.

When I am all out of everything I lift my eyes and find her and she says, Peace.

And she says, Go outside.

And she says, May the wings find you, may the currents stir.

I do not know how to make something as lovely as her. Cannot dance a dance that is as lovely as her. Cannot throw a pot that is as lovely as her. Cannot cook a meal that is as lovely as her. Cannot write a book that is as lovely as her.

But she is here. I am in the company of her loveliness.

And her eyes are closed. She is dreaming.

5 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

I admire the things you make and *you* so much and wish you could see that you share the same loveliness as her. For you are the lovely Beth. I like that she is dreaming : )

teabird said...

I absolutely love her, and your lovely musings. She is, after all, your muse - yes?

Thank you.

Serena said...

I disagree, you do create beautiful things -- just like her.

Victoria Marie Lees said...

I agree with your other followers, Beth. You are as lovely as her, and you do in fact create lovely things like books and stories and poetry and blog posts. Thanks, Beth!

momzen said...

Just what I needed today. Thank you so much.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP