The HANDLING gift, in Poets & Writers

Tuesday, December 24, 2013


We send our books into the world unarmed and hopeful. We are grateful to those who join our workshops, who send kind words, who tell us the story of the story.

We have no idea what we would do without them.

I am grateful this year to those of you who embraced Handling the Truth: On the Writing of Memoir. Who made room for it in busy lives and on crowded shelves. Who set it aside for a friend.

Today I received this issue of Poets and Writers, wrapped in a bow. The ad, which was designed by my husband, was placed by my agent, Amy Rennert, in the January 2014 inspiration issue of the magazine that I read first and always when I was a writer just starting out on my own. Amy has believed in this book from its very inception. She has cheered it along. She said, We need an ad, and she made it happen, wrapped it up in a bow. Gotham Books shared Amy's vision, and so the gift is from them, too.

Faith in a book that was a joy to write.
A million thanks to Amy and Gotham.
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure the ad is eye catching?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP