(wardrobe choices) Books for a Better Life, Converse College, Texas Library Association: here I come

Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm not a talented shopper. I'm best off in a don't-think-about-it pair of jeans (just ask my students, who have seen me in nothing but).

But three very exciting things are afoot—the Books for a Better Life Awards program, this coming Monday in New York City (Meredith Vieira! Arianna Huffington, Handling the Truth!); a series of talks as the Elizabeth Boatwright Coker Visiting Writer at Converse College, South Carolina, next Tuesday and Wednesday (Susan Tekulve! my SC friends!); and the Texas Library Association meeting on April 10 and 11 (San Antonio, TX! Chronicle friends!, fellow authors).

And so I had to go to the store.

This is painful for me, people. Painful. Mirrors are not my friend.

But here we go. Bright pink to ward off the winter blues. A little fluff in the skirt to approximate a spring breeze. And a pair of nude pumps because I've never owned a pair before and because everyone who helped me today (when I said I didn't own a pair of nude shoes) looked at me as if they wanted to ask, And are you a woman?

Yes, I am. Thank you very much. And now I own a pair of nude pumps.

4 comments:

Liviania said...

Haha, I am not a fan of nude pumps. I like colorful shoes, especially if I'm bothering to wear heels.

I'm just sad you're coming to TLA the first time in a couple of years that I'm not going!

Melissa Sarno said...

I love your selections : ) Happy pretty dresses and skirts and shoes! You will wow them all. Especially now that you have nude pumps. I do not own a pair!

Kelly Simmons said...

See, if this were my post I'd have to include Spanx.

Kelly Simmons said...

Oh, and one more thing!! I love my nude pumps even though they hurt my feet BUT the phrase "nude pumps" makes me laugh every time!!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP