Give yourself time

Monday, July 28, 2014

We saw the brown bear from the boat's prow. We saw it watching us. It seemed in need of a good grooming (weren't we all, at that point?) and hungry (we were not).

I think of that bear now, these few weeks past our Alaska excursion. All alone on a rocky shore, turning the stones with its nose, looking for sustenance, finding only us at an unavailable distance.

At the close of one project and another chapter, I will soon be turning stones, too. In the meantime, I am happy to feel the breeze, to think without hurry, to explore quietly.

Give yourself time, Beth, my father says.

Three simple words.

The right ones.


Serena said...

we all need that time. poor bear. I hope he found food.

Melissa Sarno said...

Something I need to hear these days too. Or always need to hear. Thank you and your wise father.

The1stdaughter said...

Very wise indeed. If only I took the same advice more often. We all need that. Time. xoxo

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by 2008

Back to TOP