Remembering South Street and celebrating Isaiah Zagar, in today's Philadelphia Inquirer

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Last Friday I pushed away from the desk, went out into the air, and returned to South and Gaskill Streets. I rediscovered some of my own history. I talked with Julia Zagar about her husband's remarkable mosaics (Isaiah Zagar, Philadelphia's Magic Gardens). I remembered.

The story is here, in today's Philadelphia Inquirer. Huge thanks to Kevin Ferris and to Amy Junod, page designer, who used six of my photographs for this piece. I'm sort of overwhelmed. I'm very grateful. Thank you.

2 comments:

Peggy Hartzell said...

Have a photo of your rug making lady wiht her rugs on display at 3rd and South from back in the late 60s, if you're interested.

Peggy Hartzell

Beth Kephart said...

Peggy, I would LOVE to see that. LOVE to!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP