Devon Horse Show 2016 (so far)

Monday, May 30, 2016








The fairground rattle. The stable stills. The noise and the direction of gallop. Every year we wait. Every year the wait is answered. The horses come.

My favorite part is the neighborhood stuff. It's my friend Jane and her family and friends, which Jane shares with unilateral generosity. I stand or sit beneath the shade of her trees and conversation happens. Once-a-year conversation, which I miss the minute it is done.

Later, I will write about the horses. Put them into the novels I write (The Heart Is Not a Size) or the occasional Philadelphia Inquirer story. Or I won't write anything at all. It won't be necessary.

Some photos from the show. So far.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP