at work on a new F. Scott-infused book, my mother speaks to me

Monday, April 24, 2017

For the past two years I've been collecting research for a new book, a Jazz Era book, based on the life of someone I can't stop dreaming about. She knew all the stars of that time. She was a star herself. And at one point, F. Scott Fitzgerald and his Zelda lived not far from her, shared meals with her, invited her to their home.

Remembering an F. Scott book my mother had given me years ago, I turned to it the other day, searching for historical detail. It opened at once to this page. My mother's words to me, when I was just seventeen.

It's as if she's speaking to me, now.

Mom, your F. Scott obsessed daughter is at last writing her F. Scott-infused novel. It took her long enough.

1 comments:

Victoria Marie Lees said...

Wonderful news, Beth. Finding a book with a note from your mother is like finding treasure for the soul. My Dad's in Heaven, yet he still speaks to me through the stories I share with family and the thoughts that pop into my head.

All the luck with your new project.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP