The Soul of an Insomniac

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Imagine the moon like this—this bright in the sky. Imagine the blade of light that falls through the window now, slashes my glass desk, deflects at the touch of my hand, is not cool, is not warm, is not a weight, is yet alive.

There are reasonable people who claim the moon is nothing but dead, a stone in the sky.

There are those who like their words straight up, their stories quickened.

But I have the soul of an insomniac and the eyes of my mother, and I pour color down, where I can, where I am. Too old now to apologize for living my one life out loud.

9 comments:

Tessa said...

Pouring colour down IS life out loud, it really is - and as it should be, too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Em said...

I love the last paragraph. What a beautiful way to describe yourself. There's a whole story just being hinted at there.

And I love the flower! Almost as much as the blue flower you sent me. :)

Sherry said...

Oh, to have the grace of your insomniac soul.

Unknown said...

Never be sorry for living a life out loud!

Live your life like Auntie Mame!

Peace - Rene

Erin said...

This is so beautiful!

Anna Lefler said...

But of course! It could be no other way.

XO

A.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP