Power Surge

Friday, June 12, 2009

At 3:30 AM this morning, after my husband drove off in the rainy dark to catch a plane to El Salvador, his home, I posted here a stillness-seeped excerpt from Nothing but Ghosts. That's the mood I was in—stillness seeped.

An hour or so later, though, I was at the gym, working abs and arms, pecs and tri's, bi's and all manner of psycho stay-with-it tricks. I was rocking and urban, determined and persevering, and when I left the gym, the sun was out. This changed my mood, so it changed my post, and it will no doubt affect whatever I write today, or how I receive whatever I read.

I am more people than I care to count. I swim a thousand channels.

9 comments:

Ed Goldberg said...

Any you sleep when, exactly?

Anonymous said...

At that gym that early! OMG!

Sarah Anne said...

Funny-I was awake at 3:30 and the last place I would have thought of to go would be the gym. :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

Working out when you should be sleeping I don't understand.

Being more people than you can count, that I understand. Here's to all of you :)

Beth Kephart said...

You guys are the best. I do usually get up between 3 AM and 4 AM — it's the only time I have to write and to think. By dawn the rest of the day is upon me.

However, today, with my husband up so early, I didn't really have that writing/thinking time. What else to do, but go to the gym? Else I'd turn the music on here, and wake my poor son.

CONFESSION: I only started going to the gym a week ago. For years I did my own sad workout routine here. Boy, was it sad.

Woman in a Window said...

Beth, isn't that the truth! But lovely, all of you.

Priya said...

Oooh, lovely post.

Anna Lefler said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

You are a STUD (who wears many hats - all of them at a very chic tilt).

XO

Anna

grete said...

And when exactly do you go to bed? I know we are sisters in the (non)sleeping business, but, wow, why SO early. Still, I admire you lots and lots....and lots.....

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP