my pottery collection, as photographed by my husband

Sunday, July 7, 2013

My husband has been testing his camera lens for an upcoming client project and asked if he might use my first poor pottery pieces as subjects. I (immersed in the making of the Jilly Joy and Chippy video) said yes, out of the corner of my mouth, and mind.

I should have known that he'd come back with something quietly considered. That's how he does things. I just wish I could show you his pottery work, which is indeed so spectacular that it stopped my father in his tracks the other night, just as he was about to leave following dinner.

"You made those?" my father said to my husband, whose artistic talents have been widely in view through the years.

I had to say, "Yes! Yes!," because my husband, like my son, is very modest. Which is why he will not allow me to showcase his great work here. I can only share with you the caliber of his photographs.

I am unafraid to fail at pottery. That makes me very happy.

3 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

I love these! And I love that your husband took such fantastic photos of them. They're perfect. Truly. <3

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Beautiful work, Beth! Thank you for sharing these. I've been curious as to the sort of pottery you do. What a lovely collection of art!

Serena said...

I think they are lovely, and if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. I wish he would let you share them as well.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP