Book kindnesses at the end of 2013; looking peacefully toward the year ahead

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I send a big surging thank you to Wendy Robards and Serena Agusto-Cox, who generously featured Handling the Truth: On the Writing of Memoir on their Best of the Year lists. These two young women (and they will always be young women, because of the depth of their souls) read books, know books, support books, and all of us out here are made better people by the tireless reading and writing they do.

The link to all their favorite books of the year (worth reading!), on their very wonderful blogs, are here (Wendy at Caribousmom) and here (Serena at Savvy Verse and Wit).

Also, a very big thanks to the blog known as wordchasing, which shared these beautiful thoughts about Small Damages, published this year by Penguin as a paperback.

To all of those who were so kind throughout this year—to Dr. Radway's Sarsparilla Resolvent, to Handling the Truth, to the paperback editions of Small Damages and You Are My Only—thank you. I am looking forward to the release of Going Over (Chronicle Books) in April and to the release of my mini-memoir, Nests. Flight. Sky., by Shebooks in a few weeks. I am at work, this week, on the very final edits of that Florence novel that consumed so much of me this year, and is, thanks to a trusted relationship with Tamra Tuller, rising to its full potential.

My life is easing, in other words. And my mind begins to spin new stories.

Slowly.

I am grateful to all of you who make this writing life possible, and I wish you peace and happiness from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

Serena said...

A mini-memoir! I had no idea...I must have missed that somehow. I cannot wait for Going Over. and Florence!

Amy said...

aw I didn't know about your mini-memoir either!

and <3 Have a most wonderful new year.

Melissa Sarno said...

Happy new year Beth! xo

The1stdaughter said...

So excited for all the wonderful Beth books coming out into the world soon! Especially since I hadn't heard of the mini-memoir. Yay! I can't wait!

Happy New Year Beth! Here's to a wonderfully relaxing, satisfying and story-filled year ahead! xoxo

Joanne R. Fritz said...

Happy 2014, Beth! I'm eager to read Going Over. And I hadn't known about your new mini-memoir either. Lovely title!

Reynje said...

Thank you very much, Beth!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP