Jean and Iryna are Dancing: Beth Kephart Poem

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And the music is.
And the music is
how Iryna hears it,
how she won’t let it down to the floor
on the power
of its own acquiesce.
How she says
the battering beat is my bones,
it is the affectation of want
over repose,
and by the way,
I will be late, and that will be song.
Take it apart.
Say it again.
The music is
how the one snow thread
of Iryna’s snow dress
snaps,
how it melts,
how it is always Jean’s,
alone.

(I did not take this photograph of this gorgeous and talented couple; it was taken of them at a recent competition in Boston, where they captured the attention of the judges and the fans in major fashion, as they always do. They are on their way. You can see why.)

8 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

'Take it apart.
Say it again.'

This poem dances on the palm of your hand. Many thanks. Write it again :-).

Greetings from London.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous. Perfect photo with stunning writing.

Thanks for your comments at my blog. Your writing is brilliant, so I am truly flattered by your compliment!

Holly said...

:the battering beat is my bones:

Yes.

Woman in a Window said...

I think she might just be feeling the music in his chest, as well. Great writing. Kick starting me on my own journey of thought.

Kelly Polark said...

Wow, beautiful dance poem!!

Erin said...

Amazing poem, Beth.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP