The Bootleg Nothing but Ghosts Interview/Major Prizes/Stunned Author

Monday, June 29, 2009

I am definitely living another's life right now.

I am not me. I am merry-go-round whirling. I am dizzy.

First My Friend Amy and Presenting Lenore cook up this not-to-be-believed virtual (surprise) launch party for Nothing but Ghosts—replete with prizes, with urgings, with viral enthusiasms. Their friends friend the initiative. Momentum builds. Conversations unfold: Can bloggers shape the book industry? Is there power in blogger suggestion? A party becomes a dialogue. A dialogue becomes a story. I watch, stunned—the woman who still thinks of herself as the loner in high school.

Then, today, I wake to discover that my friend, humorist and novelist (yes, she's a novelist; I'm reading her it-will-be-published-soon novel right now) Anna Lefler, has kicked off an extravaganza all her own. I mean: An. Ex.Tra.Va.Gan.Za. Featuring a Beth Kephart tour bus (how does she do those things?), an ocarina, and a bootleg interview conducted (in Anna's trademark so-smart-it-can't-be-slapstick style) with yours truly (when I received her questions I started to laugh; as I answered I kept laughing). Featuring prizes that you have to see to believe ($150 Amazon gift card anyone?).

I know that life isn't always like this. In fact, it rarely is. Nothing but Ghosts is my tenth book. What happens here, what happens now, is not, for an instant, taken for granted. It is a surprise. It is a miracle. It is this moment in time that I will return to, years from now. Remember when?, I'll say.

16 comments:

grete said...

Ms Kephart, Miss Lefler, thank you, I needed my smiling muscles exercised....

Looking forward to reading the Ghost story, with or without the killer bees... But then I must wait for 2 - two - months to know who killed who, as Amazon has decided to ship books to Europe by sail these days....

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by a community of supporters? Savor it ~ you're not a loner any longer, my dear talented friend :)

Anna Lefler said...

Okay, first of all, you can't tour without a bus.

It Simply Isn't Done.

;-D

It's an honor to do my small part to help spread the word - and hats off to all the bloggers out there (your many, many friends) who have taken up the banner as well.

Cheers to you, Beth, and the art you create that enriches our world.

XOXO

Anna

P.S. I think your "loner" cover has been blown.

P.P.S. Two words: "killer bees." Think it over.

Florinda said...

I doubt you'll ever have another interview like Anna's :-) - it really was "nothing but awesome."

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

Maya Ganesan said...

Oh! Oh! I'm still laughing!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Okay, Anna's interview was hilarious! I want a ride on that bus!

And I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but blogging definitely moves you out of the realm of loners. :)

Priya said...

Oh my gosh, I loved the bootleg interview.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

OMG - this is so AWESOME for you! And if Anna's got your back, your golden!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

oops. I meant, "If Anna's got you're back, you're golden."

No wait, that's not right either.

{SIGH} Whatever.

Melissa Walker said...

Oh so lovely! And you in the Globe--Yay!

http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/2009/06/28/young_adults_feel_affinity_with_supernatural_characters_in_books/?page=1

Amy said...

I'm so happy Beth! I hope all the right readers find NBG.

Tessa said...

Beth, Anna! Truly, I'm still hiccupping with delighted mirth - one of the funniest, most compelling interviews I've ever read. I defy anyone, after reading that stellar Q & A not to buy Ghosts.

Beth, you are up there in the constellations - a shining star...with Anna right there next to you.

I was also swept away by your reading - a beautiful, mellifluous addition to a superb book. More, please.

Sherry said...

I've been meaning to tell you how crazy cool is this interview with Anna . You two - quite a pair.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP