Nothing but Ghosts Reading/Boston Globe Review/The Book Chat

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tonight I have the great privilege of joining My Friend Amy, her friends, and perhaps you?, for a live book chat at 9 PM EST/6 PM PST.

In preparation for that chat, Amy asked if I might do a reading from the book. I chose to read from a section that takes place in Cascais, Portugal—a storybook world that I visited eight years ago. The music here is from the extraordinarily talented Jordan O'Connor. The photos were taken before I owned a digital camera. The piece is two minutes long.



I was further blessed yesterday by the news that Nothing but Ghosts had been embraced by the Boston Globe, in a Liz Rosenberg review titled "Where the coolest kids are, like, undead." This morning I was honored by this review by Charlotte, who always reads with care and purpose.

Please join us this evening.

10 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

Just came over via Anna.

This sounds amazing- I will totally shout you out at my place in the next few days!!!


As a teacher AND a mother, we are always looking for new books for the kids. And, as a motherless daughter, I applaud this theme.

Vodka Mom said...

pssst. you might want to read this.

http://waitresswheresmymartini.blogspot.com/2009/06/funny-farm.html


:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Q said...

Oh, no! I have something at that time tonight!

Priya said...

Your narration is wonderful. I'll try and pop in the chat if I can!

poetjanes said...

This is just terrific! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful section of the text with your photos, Beth.

woman who roars said...

Thank you for tonight! You were very generous with your time and thoughts. I wish I could have "chatted" more, but really enjoyed reading as I worked.

Woman in a Window said...

I listened to that, Beth and I'm not eloquent, I'm visceral. I finished listening to that and I said a very loud and resonant Fuuuuu**! And I felt it too. Wow. Wonderful you.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Hi Beth, I just finished your book, Nothing But Ghosts and have posted my review.

Thank you for a great read and thank you for the live chat on My Friend Amy's book blog. That was a lot of fun and it was great to chat with you a bit.

Happy 4th and know that I will be looking for other books by you and already have added to my wish list.

One Persons Journey Through a World of Books

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP