Stunned: A Nothing but Ghosts Surprise Party

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I don't have words for today.

That's it, I don't.

My Friend Amy (her blog name, her world self) wrote to me a week or so ago and suggested that we have a Nothing but Ghosts party. I said, "Thank you. Of course. That would be lovely." I said, "Yes, of course, I'll be in a chat (thank you for the invitation)", and "Yes, of course, I'll do a reading (let me fix my hair)", but in truth, I had no idea—zero—what she was planning.

This is what she and Lenore have been planning. My Friend Amy plus Presenting Lenore.

The force is, most definitely, with me.

I also have (and I am grateful for this) Lisa Bishop of HarperTeen on my side. She's posted a piece I wrote on the origins of Nothing but Ghosts on the popular HarperTeen MySpace site today.

17 comments:

Beth F said...

Isn't Amy the best? So happy to participate. Let me know if you ever have any author events in central PA (I mean Centre Co. -- State College area). I would be there in a heartbeat.

Little Willow said...

Happy release day, Beth!

trish said...

Happy release day. I have it on good authority that you deserve this. :)

Steph Su said...

Awww would you look at that! That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you, Beth!

Florinda said...

Happy release day! I saw Amy (in person!) last night and she told me this was coming today - congrats!

holly cupala said...

Wonderful! Happy release day, Beth!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I'm so glad to see the support for this book.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Happy, happy release of a beautiful work, Beth!

Beth Kephart said...

I would like to hug you all.

Can I?

Woman in a Window said...

How cool is that?

I just bought my first copy. I had it sent to my mother-in-law in the States so you'll have to be patient with me reading you, k?

Good-luck!

Sherry said...

Happy release day, Beth. I almost have your book in my hands...minutes from it. *SQEE*

Sherrie Petersen said...

Happy Release Day! I bought your book through Amy's link -- here's hoping they hit the 200 mark!

Tessa said...

YAY! I'm there with my dancing shoes on! Happy release day, Beth, happy days always.

I'm posting a link on my blog to Amy's .... and I'm going to shout about Nothing But Ghosts all over the world! Here goes..........

Becca said...

My copy is winging its way here as I write...can't wait to hold another volume of your beautiful words in my hands! Congratulations :)

Anna Lefler said...

(Okay, if we're going all Star Wars...)

Surrounded by love you are.

XO

A.

woman who roars said...

Just finished reading NBG, and am crying with a smile on my face and the picture of a beautiful garden in my mind.
Thank you.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP