Holly and Me in the Winds of San Francisco

Sunday, August 23, 2009

You didn't think you would leave San Francisco without seeing me, she said, and afterward I thought how impossible that would have been. Not seeing this brilliant writer and photographer and fearless adventurer, not braving the wind with her. We could have had tea, or hot chocolate, or something sweet. She chose, instead, to invite me into the Grace Cathedral, high on the hill, where the voices of four cantors filled the stone hollow, and where there were candles to be lit, for those we loved. The candles were our prayer, she said. They were our bridge, our friendship.

Later, we posed like the Beatles in the street. We posed like kick-line dancers on the wide walk of a hill, just ahead of its steep.

12 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, I love the thought of the two of you together SO MUCH. I am so very happy you got to meet each other. :)

Sherry said...

You are both beautiful, inside and out.

I was hoping for this to happen.

Holly said...

Beth, Beth, my heart hurt on the way home. It honestly bewilders me that I am lucky enough to know you and people like you.

Sherrie Petersen said...

How wonderful! Cherish your friendship.

bermudaonion said...

Your posts from San Francisco have made me long to go there.

Q said...

Two of my favorite people... I'm quite envious.

woman who roars said...

Very fun and great picture!

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Becca said...

You radiate joy in this photo!

And what a lovely place to meet :)

Ed Goldberg said...

Great photo. Great friendship.

Maya Ganesan said...

This is so sweet. It sounds like a beautiful afternoon together.

Beth F said...

Sounds like one of those perfect days, one that you wish could last for just a few more hours.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP