Book Blogger Appreciation Week (a surprised nominee)

Monday, September 7, 2009

Those of you who have been following Book Blogger Appreciation Week know just how much effort its creator and myriad (tireless) support persons have put into announcing, promoting, supporting, and delivering the 2009 BBAW Awards Shortlists, which have been announced today (because these good souls never rest, not even on Labor Day). More than 1,000 blogs have been sorted through, screened, and considered. Now that the shortlists are up, it's up to the rest of us to go visit those blogs that may be new to us, and to vote for the winners.

I've been quite lucky this year and have been shortlisted—along with Neil Gaiman's Journal, Maureen Johnson Blog, Meg's Diary, and Scobberlotch—in the Best Published Author Blog category. Whomever thought to include me, whomever judged my work, I embrace you with a very large thank you. I don't believe my name has ever before been in the same sentence with these fine writers, and it's a privilege.

19 comments:

poetjanes said...

Congrats, Beth. Great news!

Melissa said...

Very well-deserved, Beth. And as someone who was likely among the many who nominated you for this, it is your readers who should be thanking you.

Julie P. said...

I am so not surprised! Congrats!

bermudaonion said...

I'm with Julie - I'm not surprised at all. Congratulations!

Florinda said...

Also not surprised, and very happy for you - congratulations on making the shortlist!

Beth F said...

Congratulations! You SOOOOO deserve this. I'm thrilled for you.

Priya said...

Congratulations! You deserve it -- I love your blog!

Shelf Elf said...

Your blog is beautiful, so I'm not in the least surprised to hear this news. You've got my vote!

septembermom said...

Congratulations Beth! Well deserved, of course :)

Wendy said...

Well deserved, Beth. I'm not at all surprised! Congratulations :)

Wendy said...

Well deserved, Beth. I'm not at all surprised! Congratulations :)

Em said...

Yay, congrats! :)

Frances said...

Congratulations! One of the best parts of this is discovering new blogs like yours. How could I have missed you? :) Now I need to set aside time to page all the way through!

Kelly H-Y said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!! You absolutely deserve it ... I am thrilled to hear this wonderful news!!! And, congrats to you!

Sherry said...

Your blog deserves to be listed among the best - so happy that it is!

Ed Goldberg said...

It's about time you thought of yourself as an equal to these authors.

Lenore Appelhans said...

You know I nommed you (and will be voting for you).

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP