The Shelf Elf Reviews The Heart is Not a Size

Monday, November 16, 2009

I am deeply honored this morning by the Shelf Elf's review of The Heart is Not a Size, a story inspired by a trip that I took to Anapra, a squatter's village, in 2005. I want this book to matter because the people of Anapra do. Because theirs is a story that doesn't get told; it is suppressed, instead, by the drug-war headlines.

The Shelf Elf has given me many gifts these past few weeks—that stunning review of Nothing but Ghosts, this remarkable review of Heart. And as if that were all not quite enough, the Shelf Elf generously invited me to participate in the Winter Blog Blast Tour 2009; I'll be her featured interviewee this coming Wednesday. Please take the time to read all the interviews during this remarkable week-long feature. I've been online this morning doing just that. This is blogging at its best.

7 comments:

Julie P. said...

Congrats! I can't wait to read more!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Cool! I'm looking forward to reading this book!

bermudaonion said...

A lot of us are really excited about this book!

Beth F said...

Oh, I can't wait to read this one. And lovely Amy sent me Undercover last week, so that's first up during Thanksgiving weekend.

Kelly H-Y said...

Wonderful news! Congrats!!!

Vivian Mahoney said...

I just read your interview with Shelf Elf. You make a huge difference in the writing world, Beth.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP