Our Family Holiday Card (and greetings)

Sunday, December 20, 2009

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is creating a card each year with my artist-husband, Bill. This year, Bill has been working with Maya and ZBrush software to generate a new kind of image, and this star-spangled wanderer was one of the first images to emerge from his workshop, which is, in fact, the old garage shed that was converted years ago for his artistic purposes. (Bill walks about 75 yards to work each morning; my commute involves walking through the living room to my office.)

I never know what image Bill is working on. He'll appear (sometimes sooner than later) with something lovely, and then it is my turn to write the words. They're rather tiny in this rendition, and so, for those who wish to read, I put them here.

It wasn’t enough, all of a sudden,

to stand beneath the skies—

to only look up, to only watch the endless glide.

It was the season of hope, after all,

when every dream was bright, alive,

and the night was her silk

and the stars were her shine.

Wishing you peace and light,


Bill, Beth, and Jeremy


8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Your card and its message are beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Maya Ganesan said...

It's really a beautiful card. Thank you for sending it along. :)

Julie P. said...

How beautiful and I love that it's a family effort! I'm posting the picture that was on my card on Christmas Day. This is the first year in some time that I didn't hand make all 90+ cards.

Sage Ravenwood said...

What a beautiful piece of originality. I think anyone should be so lucky to get one of your cards. (Hugs)Indigo

Hull.Margaret said...

Very much you...I really like it.
Penny

Holly said...

It was so nice to get its paper progeny in the mail--thank you for that and your note. xo.

Shelf Elf said...

My card was beautiful Beth. It got here in the mail just a few days before Christmas and it made me feel blessed to have had the chance to know you better this year.

Happy holidays Beth!

xo
Shelf Elf

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP