Speed

Monday, December 14, 2009

There was her cane, flying fast ahead of her, and there was her left foot, flying, too. Nothing would keep her back, nothing would assert itself against her, nothing would dare. I understand living at that speed. I understand eternally running. But right now, right this very instant, the novel is written and the presents are wrapped and the clients are happy and the bills are paid and there's even a tree on the back deck and there's no dust in my office, only the new, gorgeous, nearly blooming succulents that my dad brought over this afternoon. My boy will be here come Thursday evening. I've been flying fast ahead of myself so that I won't need to rush when he is home.

To those of you whom I've not visited lately, I extend my apologies. I will be back. I nearly almost am.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Here's to being caught up. Enjoy your son while he's home. The time passes all too quickly.

woman who roars said...

Make sure you downshift over the holidays!! Merry Christmas!

kristen spina said...

Merry Christmas, Beth! Enjoy every moment.

Vivian Mahoney said...

Oh my goodness! Send some of your organization my way! So happy your son is coming home soon!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the peace!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP