Living the Zumba

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Last week, I was at the gym doing Zumba when my son walked in for his own brand of workout (which involves lifting far more than he weighs, several times in a row, in several different positions, without complaining—not a talent he got from me).

"Then Mrs. G., stopped me", he told me later, "and told me to come watch you in the Zumba class."

"She did?" I said. (Oh dear, I thought.)

"Yes," my son continued. "She said that some people do Zumba and other people live it, and that you are the living kind."

I think this must mean that I don't act my age. But whatever it is, I'm keen on living.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd never heard of Zumba before your post. I just looked it up and it sounds fun. And isn't it always better when working out is fun? :)

Anonymous said...

"Keen on living"--and that is a gift.

Sarah Stevenson said...

That is a compliment to treasure for its sheer unexpectedness!

Maya Ganesan said...

If living means being an incredibly fascinating person, then keep on living, Beth. :)

Mari said...

I bet we burn more calories when we "live it". :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

What a great comment from him, and what a wonderful photo!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP