Novel Submission

Thursday, January 7, 2010


Here's the thing about submitting a brand-new novel to editors:

You don't know what will happen.

My first novel for adults has gone off today to a handful of editors, thanks to my agent, Amy Rennert. The very best thing for me to do right now is to keep that novel out of my mind. By paying attention to clients. By focusing on my YA Seville novel. By making room in the world for the two books due out in 2010 and room in me for the books of others. By continuing to plumb recipe books for recipes I can manage, and by keeping the house nutsy-quality clean. By dancing. By laughing. By gathering my dear friends near, and chilling.

What will be will now be. One must live in the meantime. Tonight I'll watch 500 Days of Summer, something I've long wanted to do.

10 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

Good luck! Hoping that novel finds a home.

bermudaonion said...

I'm sure things are going to go great with this book!

Kelly H-Y said...

Sounds like a good plan. I'm so excited that you've submitted your first adult novel ... I can't wait to hear what happens ... I'm certain it will be published shortly! :-) I want to see that movie ... hope you enjoy it!

Unspoken said...

Close to one of my favorite sayings, It is what it is! I like the What will be will be, after it is what it is:).

Becca said...

Wishing that book godspeed as it begins its journey into the minds and hearts of readers...

Sherrie Petersen said...

Good luck with the submission! Knowing you, it will be a fabulous book :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you get a wonderful response, Beth. I admire the way you're so prolific.

Beth F said...

Very exciting! This is the place where people like me just begin. All the best and I hope your editors are sensitive and skillful.

Vivian Mahoney said...

Crossed fingers and toes! Best of luck, Beth. I know your novel will find a great home.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP