Funny Business

Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'll be the first to admit: I've been less than my sunshiney self of late—lots of snow, lots of late work nights, a winter cold, not enough Zumba, and one small snafu in the publishing business that had my heart sunk real low for a spell.

It was, therefore, a very happy thing, when my friend, the humorist Anna Lefler, wrote with a bit of Zumba-quality news this week: one of her pieces was up on the esteemed literary site, McSweeney's. I wasn't just happy for this unquestionably talented, supremely hardworking blogger/writer. I was happy to have cause to laugh out loud, a sound these four walls had not heard for awhile. Funny business is hardly easy business. Anna Lefler makes it seem like it is.

(I'm not going to tell you what her piece is about, by the way. You have to click on the link and read it.)

8 comments:

Julia said...

What a piece. It did have me laughing.

Anna Lefler said...

Ah, Beth, making you laugh is a supreme pleasure.

Thank you so much for the fantastic shout-out!

XO

Anna

Beth F said...

OMG I truly was laughing out loud. Perfect and true.

Unknown said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL. That's why my sports bra has hooks in the back! The photo is a cutey btw.

septembermom said...

That was a treat! Thanks for sharing the link. I had a good laugh :)

Florinda said...

Anna rocks, as you know, and that piece WAS hysterically funny.

tera said...

I love McSweeney's and for some reason I do not have it bookmarked (do now), yet every so often I stumble across it somewhere and then I have to spend all day reading through it.
Love Anna's "note" at the end: "If you are unable to locate two (2) breasts in the sports bra, do not become alarmed as they are likely nearby."
Thanks for the giggle!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP