The Heart is Not a Size is IndieBound!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Okay, so I just had to remove a few exclamation points up there in the title, so as to appear more my age, but: I cannot even begin to say how happy this news makes me. The Heart is Not a Size joins 11 other teen titles such as Carolyn Mackler's Tangled, Jennifer Hubbard's The Secret Year, and Swati Avasthi's Split on the American Booksellers Association's Spring 2010 Children's Indie Next List.

Here's what makes me feel even more blessed. Heart was nominated for this huge honor by none other than Mandy King of The Boulder Book Store, who wrote this:

"Beth Kephart has written another must-read book for teens in this story of a group of teens who travel to a Mexican border town to work to help the residents there. She isn't afraid to tackle such big issues as parental pressure, anorexia, and death, and she does it all with compassion, honesty, and beautiful writing." --Mandy King, The Boulder Book Store, Boulder, CO

Mandy King: Sunlight.

A few months ago, I created this video—a brief reading from the book's opening pages, accompanied by the photographs of the gorgeous children of Anapra.

19 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

wordlily said...

Oh, congrats! I can't wait to read it.

http://wordlily.com

Amy said...

I've already told you, but YAY!!!! This book is truly deserving, and so are you.

Lenore Appelhans said...

That's so exciting! It's such a great topic for a book.

Priya said...

Oh wow, that's awesome!

Em said...

Doing a little dance for you. ;-)

Becca said...

Yay!! I'm so glad your books are getting the recognition they deserve!

Serena said...

Congrats! Great job. I can't wait to read it.

Tara McClendon said...

Wonderful news! I still love the cover with the hands in a heart.

tera said...

Acting your age is overrated! :)
Yea for you! It looks like a lovely book and it's definitely on my list (as soon as I get caught up with everything else!)

Vivian Mahoney said...

Yay! This is such exciting news!!!!! Very deserving of all the !!!!!!!!!

Saints and Spinners said...

I'm thrilled about this news, Beth. Many exclamation points and shouts of joy for you!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Congratulations! That's very cool!!!!! (I'm happy to supply the exclamation points :) )

Sherry said...

Was this the news we awaited? If so - very worth the wait. High five, BK!
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Beth F said...

FANTASTIC! I am so thrilled for you.

Shelf Elf said...

Hooray for Beth! I am BEYOND pleased that this book is on the list. It deserves love.

Good news!

Melissa Walker said...

I cannot WAIT to read this one, Beth. And I feel like I've been waiting forever!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP