When they said snow they meant snow

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I know they said that snow was coming, but I was so entirely buried in work that I raised my head just long enough to say, Snow. Oh. Okay. Snow. Then buried my head once again.

I just woke up. I just looked out the dark, snow splattered windows. I saw the porch rail toppled with at least two feet of white, the porch sculpted with drifts of perhaps four feet, the blue back of the car weighed down with white.

The word "snow" has an entirely new meaning now, in the Beth Kephart lexicon. The likes of this I've never before seen.

I wish I had a working fireplace.

NOTE: This photograph was taken at the 2005 Venice Biennale. I've been waiting for a moment to use it. It symbolizes me, in my private clothes, submerged by work.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

We got rain instead - 4 inches of it. I'm so glad to see the sun today.

reiko said...

what's the photo of?

Beth Kephart said...

Hey, Reiko!

This is a photo taken at the Venice Biennale in 2005.

How are you doing?

Hello, Kathy!

Beth F said...

We have only 15 inches! I think Philly is going to be slammed. But I'm home and cozy, baking and working.

Julia said...

How I wish snow existed down here.

And yes, as you would see if you were to visit my blog, I long for snow. :) I love watching the flakes float down, and rest on the ground.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Huh? I'm freaking jealous. Seriously I've been wanting to be snowed in at some point this winter. Unfortunately NY and Mother Nature seem to be at odds in letting that happen.

I even have the porcelain cast iron pellet stove for a roaring fire. Drat! I'm not happy with Mother Nature at the moment. I'm missing some serious fun with my dog. (Hugs)Indigo

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP