Whole-dom

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Those of you reading between the lines of this blog know that the past many weeks (actually, past many months) have been a tad interesting. We are emerging from a difficult economy differently, I'm beginning to understand. Pressures, which have always been keen, are unlike any I've ever seen. I am used to the eighty-hour work week. I'm less used to some of the new industry dynamics.

This morning, absolutely none of that matters. All of the weight that I've been carrying dissipates. My son is sitting in my office, telling me stories, listening to mine. That takes me a long way to whole.

9 comments:

bermudaonion said...

What a great way to start your weekend. Enjoy the precious time you have with him.

Sherry said...

You are right about the pressures. There are new industry dynamics happening in every field - lots of adjustments and sacrifices. There is a changing tone and feel to the workplace as a whole.

I'm so glad for your reprieve. Delight in this time with your son.

Amy said...

the people we love are the reason to live. I hope you have a great weekend!

Maya Ganesan said...

That's really sweet :) Hope you have a lovely weekend with your son.

Jeannine Atkins said...

I've been concerned between the lines. It's lovely to think of you having this morning.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting a break.

Kelsey C said...

I can't wait to have a week of that with my mom, starting tomorrow. :)

septembermom said...

That is a true way towards wholeness. Wonderful post Beth. Enjoy those conversations!

Aron said...

Great photo! Sounds like you deserve a break. Hope it was a good one!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP