Rocking the Zumba with Sarah, Brenda, and Peggy

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sarah started it in Zumba today. It was her fault, I know that it was. Walking in late looking like a movie star, then saying her honey southern hello, then collecting her rivers of hair, then smiling with her eyes, both so blue. She's just too cute, and what could I do, there beside her, and there behind Brenda, and there, nearby, Peggy, newly home from Guatemala.

So we kicked the samba merry. So we went full pivot with our hips. So I bounced my head and Sarah bounced hers harder, and when the cha cha came on we were all knees and angles, and when Bollywood blared we knocked the air off of our thighs. When Sarah went big, I went bigger, and when we both went big, Brenda noticed and Peggy laughed. "You two are rocking and rolling, aren't you?" Brenda said forgivingly, and I wanted to behave, but I couldn't.

I've had a hard couple of weeks, and for many days there I could barely breathe, and you know how it is when things seem hopeful once again, when the knots loosen, when you can see past and maybe push through. Zumba might be exercise most days of the week. Today it was an hallelujiah.

4 comments:

Kelly H-Y said...

I know what you mean ... yesterday was the day when I noticed my knots starting to loosen a bit. I'm sorry it's been a tough couple weeks ... so glad to hear some serious Zumba could give you the hope you needed! Loved this! I so want to do Zumba ... at my club, it's offered at a time I just can't attend. I think I'm missing out. Your new blog picture is lovely ... did you get a new haircut? It looks beautiful!

Liviania said...

Lovely post! I've been having some rough days too, but I lightened up when I saw a photo of my newborn nephew yesterday.

septembermom said...

It's wonderful when that tightness loosens and the wings of creativity begin to flutter again. Love this post!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's been so rough, Beth. And very glad for you having some relief. And the beauty of the photo.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP