Everywhere Here: The Birds and Their Mothers and a Book, Nearly Done

Saturday, June 19, 2010

So much life outside, while I have been holed up here, within.  But there is news.  There is an end.  A book has (I think) taken form.  Thanks to all of you who said, Keep going (and have forgiven my uncharacteristic absence on the web).  I have learned, in addition to much else, this:

* where a passage feels dead, it's not typically because it hasn't been written well, but rather because it hasn't been properly imagined;

* don't let the ending you've had for four years dictate the ending you need now; and

* a book should work like memory does—in and out, tangential, essential, teaching us new what we'd almost forgotten.


Lilian Nattel said...

Way to go, Beth! Great news. And I've discovered that about the ending myself.

bermudaonion said...

What wonderful news! I love the photos too.

Melissa Sarno said...

That's great news! I like what you said about not letting the ending you want dictate the one you need. I always need the reminder to be flexible and open, to go beyond what I first imagined.

Becca said...

~big sigh of happiness for you over here~

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP