Everywhere Here: The Birds and Their Mothers and a Book, Nearly Done

Saturday, June 19, 2010

So much life outside, while I have been holed up here, within.  But there is news.  There is an end.  A book has (I think) taken form.  Thanks to all of you who said, Keep going (and have forgiven my uncharacteristic absence on the web).  I have learned, in addition to much else, this:

* where a passage feels dead, it's not typically because it hasn't been written well, but rather because it hasn't been properly imagined;

* don't let the ending you've had for four years dictate the ending you need now; and

* a book should work like memory does—in and out, tangential, essential, teaching us new what we'd almost forgotten.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Beth! Great news. And I've discovered that about the ending myself.

bermudaonion said...

What wonderful news! I love the photos too.

Melissa Sarno said...

That's great news! I like what you said about not letting the ending you want dictate the one you need. I always need the reminder to be flexible and open, to go beyond what I first imagined.

Becca said...

~big sigh of happiness for you over here~

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP