Taking Advice

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sarah (my Zumba Sarah) said:  Walk away from it.  Work in the garden.  Do anything else.  It will come.

Bill said:  If it isn't working, throw it away.

I took both pieces of advice today.  Spent the morning in the garden and talking to clients.  Sat at my desk in the afternoon, opened the file marked "novel," and tossed the thwarting chapter to the other side of nowhere.  Threw it away.  Done.  Gone.  And guess what?  The book is better for it. I (liberated) now move on.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

You are tough. But so humble. The tough love approach only works where humility resides. Thank you, Beth, you inspire daily.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Sometimes getting rid of stuff is very liberating :)

Beth F said...

Hoping you feel relief and freedom

sami710 said...

Sounds cathartic. :) Hope writing goes well for you today, I'm hoping to have a day filled with it as well. Fun!

ps. I don't have a Google blog, so the link you see won't lead you to my site.

It's @ runnersami.wordpress.com if you want to check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

Hurray for good advice! (and the wisdom to take it.)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP