Aunt Beth

Wednesday, July 7, 2010


In the raw, stormy world that has been the Cayman Islands these past few days, brightness defied.  I have had time with my siblings' children—Julia and her coconut shrimp, Daniel and his snorkeling enthusiasms, Claire and her solo version of synchronized swimming, Owen, with his quiet, witty presence (somehow Owen was endowed with great calm and great wit, in perfect proportions; plus, he only beat me at bike riding when I let him).

These kids are dear to me.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm sure you're dear to them too.

Anonymous said...

How lovely. And how lucky they are that you appreciate them.

Becca said...

Your posts lately have been full of these gifted days. I can tell you're loving every minute :)

Beth F said...

What a special time. I don't get enough time with my nieces and nephews.

septembermom said...

What a beautiful snapshot of those wonderful kids in your life. Enjoy!

poetjanes said...

Now why does this sound like a chapter of Running in the Family to me? Glad to hear of these lovely days...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP