Humor me

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm thinking that it's the atmospheric pressure, but migraines have been going around in these parts—I get one and then a friend gets one and then we pretend we don't have them, and then our heads hurt.  While I was just now trying to do the very right thing and focus on my corporate work (instead of banging my hurting head against my desk) a friend (who today has a migraine) wrote to tell me that she appreciates it when I make room for humor in my blog.

And I'm thinking:  Me?  Beth Kephart?  Humorous?  I mean, I'm kind of funny looking, but you can't really see that from where you sit, can you?  (Can you?  Tell me you can't.)  Then I remembered this photo that I took while walking through Atlantic City's Tropicana complex the other day.  It's an image of an image of the hotel's house comedian, and right beneath his inviting pose is a name that tugs at my heart:  Bob Kephart.   He may be a distant cousin, this Bob.  He may be an uncle's stepson (well, maybe not).  But whomever he is, he's a Kephart, and aren't all Kepharts related, and doesn't that mean that I still have potentiality (as opposed to potential) when it comes to putting humor on this blog?

I'll report back as soon as my head clears.

3 comments:

septembermom said...

Beth, your blog is a treasure chest of creativity, insight, and yes humor. Love it here!

Hull.Margaret said...

I'm sure there is a relaionship in there somewhere.
You are an awesome Wordsmith.
Penny

Sherry said...

Thanks for the smile.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP