Collisions

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This is New York City in the May sun, and today is Philadelphia suburbs in the threatening-to-rain, but nonetheless (there is a point) the scene is one of collisions. Fashion and sky, church and commerce, sun and shadow, boot and spike, leaf and cotton in the Big Apple.  A sudden infusion of corporate work, a smattering of book launch details, an in-progress manuscript, humidity hair, dance videos, unpaid bills, and the boxes of a boy's return to college abounding here, in threatening-to-rain.  Last night I was listing all the ways that I had failed in the previous 24-hour period to my husband.  He fell asleep before I'd finished the list. 

Take a deep breath, I tell myself.  And also:  Live the day, no matter.  And finally: Ask for forgiveness and hope it will be given.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Mosier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Mosier said...

In Phoenix, where I grew up, you had to invent reasons to stay inside! I'm loving this rainy respite--the chance to sort through the rubble of those collisions!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Beth, be kind to yourself...tonight, list all the ways you have succeeded! It will make last night's list seem a little less painful...

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

The photograph is wonderful. That's what I see.

Beth F said...

I adore that photo -- mixed up reflections.

Kelly H-Y said...

Amazing how you captured all those 'collisions' in one picture! I'm sure there were many ways you succeeded too! :-)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP