Sisterly

Thursday, August 19, 2010

This morning, the very dear and very smart Priya turns 15, and because her sister, Maya, adores her and hopes to surprise her and knows that we are out here wanting the same, she asked if we might post a little something in remembrance of this special day.

I had been wondering about what I might post, and then I had an idea that took me back into an old wooden photo album.  Perhaps, I thought, there is a photograph of me and my sister, something I might share.  I turned every page, didn't find the right shot.  I sifted through envelopes stuffed into the book's back pages.  It was in the very last envelope that I found this image, something I don't remember ever seeing before.  I must have been four here, my sister newborn.  Our mother more beautiful than one can say.

Happy Birthday, Priya, from one sister to another.

Love,

Beth

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing, Beth. :)

Janice Kephart said...

What a gorgeous photo, which of course I've never seen either. What a lovely way to pass on memories, and their evolution!

So glad you let me know it was here.

pink dogwood said...

great post - and happy birthday to Priya.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo. Happy birthday Priya and a wave to Maya.

Sherry said...

I'm glad you had an excuse to dig this up. It's beautiful. Happy Birthday, Priya. (by the way you have one terrific sister.)

Kelly H-Y said...

How sweet is that ... what a beautiful photo. I have three sisters ... love them!

Priya said...

Thank you so much, Beth! And thanks for sharing the photo! I was so surprised and happy when I just checked my Google Reader and found this. :D

Becca said...

How sweet and lovely :)

Happy birthday to Priya!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP