In the classroom

Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm about to do one of my most favorite things, which is to get in the car and drive a little while and join a classroom of younger readers and writers.  This group of students had Nothing but Ghosts as required summer reading, and I'm going to try to recreate the making of that particular story for them before leading them toward writing of stories of their own.  We'll focus on spark points, tangents, and theme.

This, for me, is what it's all about.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

What a wonderful experience for you and the students!

septembermom said...

How exciting for all of you! I wish you could videotape it for all of us to enjoy :) Have fun!

Beth F said...

Hope it was a successful day.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP