What do you do when Facebook blocks you from your own party?

Thursday, September 9, 2010

This was the question that presented itself to moi about ten comments into the hour-long Facebook party we were throwing on behalf of Dangerous NeighborsYou have abused the comment function, the Facebook blue box informed me. It will be hours, or perhaps days, before you can leave a comment again.

Oh. My.

This is why it's still good, in these social media days, to have a telephone nearby.  For that's the implement I used.  I picked up the telephone, called dear Amy Riley and persuaded her to be Facebook me, for at least a little while. She's darned good at any time, this Amy Riley.  She is also, I learned tonight, very fine in a crisis.  So, Amy, thank you for being me (the job is still open, if you can stand it) and Nicole, thank you for soldiering on, for all of us.

And thank all of you who came to our party.  We had a lot of fun.

If you don't understand any of this, well, then.  It's my blog.  And perhaps you had to be there.

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm sorry there was glitch to your party and that I got home to late too come to it. With Amy and Nicole in charge, I'm sure it was a success.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Don't you just love technology?! I'll have to go back and check out the party.

Anna Lefler said...

The party was great - congrats!

And you proved your ninja skills once again with your crafty use of the ol' telephone.

Take *that,* Facebook! We're going analog!

Let me know if you'd like me to start a petition drive to allow you back on the Internet. I'm there for you, babe.

;-) Anna

Florinda said...

I have no idea how you could have offended Facebook, considering some of what goes on over there. I'm sorry I couldn't stay at the party very long, but am glad I stopped by - it was fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! How frustrating. But you were on the ball and I'm so glad Amy was able to stand in.

Karen said...

What I don't understand is how they allowed your friend to log in as you, but not you to be you. The idea of a FB party is a great idea that should be developed by FB... perhaps including a live chat feature. Sort of like an old-fashioned moo.

Dave said...

I had the same experience with Facebook for a while; I felt as if I had a scarlet "F" on my chest -- "the inappropriate Facebook user." Ultimately, it seemed as if Facebook got used to the fact that I do make a lot of comments -- because I make more now than I ever did. Next time, maybe you could do it via Skype, with video, etc. --DS

Sherry said...

Sorry to have missed the party, but glad you found a way to beat the Facebook glitch. Go Beth go!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP