From whence did this blog come?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In April 2005, following a tremendous bout of insomnia, I began, again, to write poems, a medium I had sidestepped for years.  Soon I was working visually with those sounds and songs of the lines and, with my husband's help, converting my photographs into washes of color that could frame and hold each poem.

It would have been nice to publish a book like that, but when it became clear that that wasn't to be, I began a blog—became a self-published poet/photographer, if you will, until the blog took on a life of its own.

Today I wish to thank Sam Strike, for her Radnor High Hall of Fame story in Mainline Media News.  I wish to thank Colleen Mondor, too, for including me in her most recent, and provocative, edition of What a Girl Wants.

3 comments:

septembermom said...

Congratulations on all your achievements Beth! I'm very glad that you have a blog :)

Anonymous said...

That photograph is beautiful, Beth. I second the congratulations on everything you've done--your creativity is boundless. What a way to use insomnia.

Beth F said...

Two great ways to be recognized. I'll have to remember what I wanted to scream about... feminist issues, I'm guessing.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP