He tells a story

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The trees are losing their leaves.  It is my favorite time of year, and also the most melancholy.  I was here, working on revisions to YOU ARE MY ONLY, when my son called.  He'd written a story for his fiction workshop.  He was describing its warp and its weft. 

How did you get to be you? I wondered, as I listened, as I watched the leaves beyond the window fall.

For he has emerged as an extraordinary writer, a young man with an empathetic imagination, an ability to manage an exquisitely complex plot, a heart and a head tuned in to words.  He was my muse, always.  He is my teacher, increasingly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did he? Look in the mirror.

kristen spina said...

For reasons I know you absolutely understand, I love this.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP